Copies of Form W-2
- Copy A is sent to the Social Security Administration (SSA). This should be printed on a laser-scannable red form.
- Copy 1 is filed with the appropriate city, state, or local government authorities
- Copy B is used by your employee to file their federal tax return
- Copy C is for your employees personal records
- Copy 2 is required if the employee will use this copy for filing city, state, or local tax returns
- Copy D is for you and your employer records
What Information Will I Need to Complete Form W-2?
- Your EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Employer Code
- Employer Type
- Name of your business
- Business Address
- Your Business’s State Tax ID Number
- Full Name
- Social Security Number
- Retirement Plan Details
- Special Benefits
Employee Salary/Wage Information:
- Total Wages and other compensation
- Total Social Security Withholdings
- Total Medicare Withholdings
- Allocated Tips and Social Security Tips
Where Can I E-File Form W-2?
You can directly e-file your W-2 Forms today using ExpressEfile. Upgrade from paper filing to e-filing for just $0.99 per form, that’s right, it’s less than a dollar! Before submission, your W-2 Forms will undergo our built-in error check to ensure error-free IRS form transmissions. Quickly and securely e-file your W-2 Forms in just a few clicks!