Stop the presses! This is not a test! And this is NOT a joke! Today is absolutely the last day to e-file your 1099-MISC Form. This means that you must send this form to the IRS today, or you could face penalties from the IRS. We wouldn’t kid you, we promise!
Do I need to send in a 1099 Form?
If you own a business, you may be required to file Form 1099-MISC today. Let’s take a closer look.
In order to determine whether or not you need to send in a 1099-MISC form to the IRS, answer this list of questions:
- As a business owner, have you made payments to a contractor (individual or partnership) that totaled more than $600 during the tax year?
- Outside of personal appointments, have you paid an attorney, doctor, or other professional to do work for your business?
- Acting on behalf of your business, have you sent payments to corporations for medical, legal or fishing activities?
- Have you paid more than $600 to an individual or partnership to rent office space, machines, equipment or land for your business?
- During the tax year, did you, through your business, give payments or provide compensation in the form of commissions, fees, interest, rent, royalties and/or annuities?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you are required to file Form 1099-MISC, and the deadline is today! Please note, the 1099-MISC reports payments that you made while in operation as a business – personal payments that you made as an individual, for example to a babysitter for watching your children or to a landscaper for trimming the shrubbery around your home, do not count and do not need to be reported. If, however, you hired that same landscaper to plant some flowers around the entrance of your business location and make it more appealing from the street view, that you would need to report.
How do I file this form fast?
Here’s the easy part. Once you’ve determined whether or not you need to file IRS Form 1099-MISC, ExpressEfile is here to help! We offer a service that lets you quickly and easily file your 1099-MISC Form and stay tax compliant!
Here’s the simple, easy process:
- Create a free account
- Add payer details
- Add recipient details
- Enter amounts
- Pay and send!
……and you’re done!
It all starts when you create your free account with ExpressEfile! Once you do, we’ll walk you through the process, making sure you are able to accurately complete your Form 1099-MISC.