Today is the last day to file W-2 Forms! As an employer, you are required to annually file W-2 Forms for your employees to show their total gross earnings, Social Security earnings, Medicare earnings, federal, and state taxes withheld from wages. The purpose of this form is to provide employees with information that must be included on their income tax form. W-2 Forms also give the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the IRS information to verify your employee’s income tax return.
Warning! Today is the Last Day to File W-2 Forms
If you have waited until the last moment to file here is what you will need to know to file:
What Should I Know About Form W-2?
As of 2016, W-2 Forms must be filed with the Social Security Administration (SSA) by January 31st (TODAY). This change was implemented to reduce tax fraud. You must provide W-2 Forms to your employees no later than January 31st (TODAY), with information pertaining to the previous fiscal year.
All paper filed W-2 Forms must include a transmittal Form W-3. Today’s deadline applies to paper and online submissions to the SSA. If you fail to file by midnight tonight it will result in a penalty.
Copies of Form W-2
- Copy A is sent to the Social Security Administration (SSA). This should be printed on a laser-scannable red form.
- Copy 1 is filed with the appropriate city, state, or local government authorities
- Copy B is used by your employee to file their federal tax return
- Copy C is for your employees personal records
- Copy 2 is required if the employee will use this copy for filing city, state, or local tax returns
- Copy D is for you and your employer records
What Information Will I Need to Complete Form W-2?
- Your EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Employer Code
- Employer Type
- Name of your business
- Business Address
- Your Business’s State Tax ID Number
- Full Name
- Social Security Number
- Retirement Plan Details
- Special Benefits
Employee Salary/Wage Information:
- Total Wages and other compensation
- Total Social Security Withholdings
- Total Medicare Withholdings
- Allocated Tips and Social Security Tips
Can I Print a Blank Form and File?
“ You cannot simply download a W-2 Form, print, and file with any online location.”
Copy A is sent to the Social Security Administration (SSA). This should be printed on a laser-scannable red form. You must file with approved forms to avoid filing penalties. When you generate W-2 Forms or e-file using ExpressEfile, you can rest assured that all of your required forms are generated correctly and printed on the correct forms.
Where to E-File W-2 Forms?
You Must File TODAY to Avoid IRS Penalties!!!
Upgrade from paper filing to e-filing for just $0.99 per form! Before submission, your forms will undergo our built-in error check to ensure error-free IRS form transmissions. Quickly and securely e-file your W-2 Forms in just a few clicks! This is your last chance to avoid penalties!
E-Filing: $0.99 Per Form
E-Filing + Postal Mailing: $2.29 Per Form
The deadline is here, but it’s not too late for us to mail copes out for you!! Our Rock Hill, SC office professionally prints all of your forms and mails them the following business day. E-filing + Postal Mailing is only $2.29, per form.